Frequently Asked Questions
- What is MyHVACVoice.com?
- Why should I join the MyHVACVoice.com panel?
- I have participated in the Trane panel in the past, how is this different?
- Must I access the MyHVACVoice.com portal?
- What is expected of me?
- Why do you need my e-mail address?
- What do you do with the results of the surveys?
- What if I cannot access a survey link or have trouble completing a survey?
- How do I change my e-mail address or other contact information?
- How do I remove myself from the Trane panel and MyHVACVoice.com portal?
- What if I have questions not covered in FAQ?
MyHVACVoice.com is a new community portal supporting an online panel that has been in existence since 2007, sponsored by Trane, made for professionals in the Non-Residential HVAC industry.
Trane cares about its products and services. From those who specify equipment for buildings, to those who install it, to those who manage that equipment and finally to those who experience the results, we are continually searching for ways to improve those products and services. Critical to this effort is obtaining stakeholder feedback. Specifically meant for Building Owners, Facility Managers, Contractors and Specifiers, the Trane panel is what we use to understand customer needs in the HVAC industry. Registered members of MyHVACVoice.com participate in panel surveys on HVAC related topics and receive summary findings and reports from the surveys they participate in.
Once you are registered, you can actively use the MyHVACVoice.com portal to update your profile, manage your incentives and participate in special topics only posted to the website. But you can also choose to simply respond to the survey invitations we will be emailing you. The choice is yours.
There are many advantages to being a member of this exclusive panel:
- You will have the satisfaction of knowing that your input will benefit yourself as well as the industry.
- In return for your time, you will receive compelling insights that are meaningful to your business. Trane will e-mail you a summary report each time you participate. In fact, just by joining our panel now, you will have the opportunity to choose three summary reports from past surveys that might be of interest to your business.
- After each panel launch we will enter the names of all of the panel members who participated in those surveys into a drawing. Eight lucky panelists will be chosen to win one of the following:
- $300 – one panel member
- $100 – two panel members
- $50 – five panel members
- Twice a year we will do a bonus drawing for all of the panel members who have participated in at least 3 surveys in the previous 6 months. We will award the panelists who win the bonus drawing the following:
- $500 – one panel member (This will be awarded two times per year)
*No purchase necessary to participate in the panel or win a prize. Void in Quebec and wherever else prohibited. Subject to full rules: (click here to access full rules).
This is the exact same Trane panel that we have been hosting since 2007. You will receive e-mail invitations to participate in surveys, just like you have in the past. The only change is that you will now have the option to login to the MyHVACVoice.com portal and manage your registration and access surveys.
No, once you have completed the registration, you are not required to come back to the MyHVACVoice.com portal. The portal will allow you to update your contact information and view surveys available, but you do not have to use or visit the portal to be a member of the panel. We designed the portal with users in mind; however, if you don’t find it beneficial then there is no need to use it. You will receive all survey requests via e-mail.
We will never try to sell you anything as part of our panel community, and panel membership is free. You can cancel at any time and, of course, participation is voluntary. We will be sending you a survey invitation approximately every six weeks asking you to participate in HVAC panel surveys. Each survey will be available to take for about two weeks and we will include the anticipated time to complete the survey in each invitation. You can also visit MyHVACVoice.com to find available surveys.
We need your e-mail address to send you HVAC surveys as they become available. We also use your e-mail address to distribute summary reports from the HVAC surveys. We assure you that we will only use your e-mail address for panel purposes.
All of your responses will be kept confidential to Trane and individual responses are never published within the organization – all data is presented in aggregate. This information will not be shared with any other organization. However, aggregate survey findings—which cannot be traced back to individuals—may be shared with all survey respondents for certain selected questions (as was mentioned as a participant benefit).
Trane uses the results of the survey to help create/improve products and provide you with better customer service.
If you have technical difficulty in accessing the survey link please click on the "Contact Us" link on the home page of this site and send us a note with the details of your issue. Please allow 24 hours for a response.
You can change or update your e-mail address or contact information by logging into your account on the MyHVACVoice.com portal and updating your profile.
You may unsubscribe by logging into your account on the MyHVACVoice.com portal and clicking on "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of the panel portal.
If you have any further questions, please use the "Contact Us" link on the home page and send us a note. We will answer any additional questions.